Between 20 and 50 million people are injured as a result of car accidents every year in the United States, and the pain associated with these accidents can often be long-term and chronic. Whiplash is just one of many injuries our auto injury chiropractors can help victims with.
What Are the Signs You May Need an Auto Injury Chiropractor in Dallas?
The symptoms of whiplash can be so far-reaching that not everyone with this injury will receive an accurate diagnosis. However, some of the signs of this auto injury are below:
• Upper back and shoulder pain: When your neck is jerked forward during an auto accident, it’s common for muscles and ligaments in your shoulders and neck to tear or strain. The result is pain and discomfort.
• Neck pain: Neck pain will vary from one person to the next. The pain could be mild and manageable, or it could be severe and unbearable. Your neck pain as a result of your auto injury may even be felt around your shoulders, arms, and hands. The typical causes of this pain are sprained ligaments and strained muscles. However, more severe cases of neck pain can also be associated with joint, nerve, disc or bone injuries.
• Headache: An auto injury – no matter how minor – can be enough to irritate a nerve, joint, or neck muscle, resulting in ongoing headaches.
• Limited motion: If your neck is stiff, sore, or doesn’t move how it used to, it’s time to see a chiropractor in Dallas. The muscles in your neck may be tight, or there may be a problem with the joints.
• Neck instability: Neck instability is caused by ligaments becoming stretched or torn, or a fracture may even cause it. Don’t delay in seeking treatment. Visit an auto injury chiropractor in Dallas.
• Weakness and numbness: If your neck, shoulders, arms or hands feel weak, tingly, or even numb, seek care from a Dallas chiropractor. Typically, this is caused by compression or inflammation in your nerve roots.
Talk to our chiropractors in Dallas about what they can do for you. There is an abundance of options available such as hot and cold therapy, ultrasounds, physical rehabilitation and spinal adjustments.Click Here
The injuries associated with automotive accidents are vast and varied, and typically, this is the case with whiplash as well. When you visit a Dallas chiropractor, you will first undergo an assessment to rule out anything serious before going ahead with a treatment plan. Your chiropractor will walk you through this.
The treatment can vary depending on the severity of your symptoms and where the pain is occurring. However, methods often include manipulation, muscle stimulation, exercise, lifestyle changes, and ergonomic modifications in your daily life.
Chiropractic manipulation is, of course, the most common treatment method for joint dysfunction. Depending on the severity of the injury, your Dallas chiropractor will either thrust your joints forward to end any restrictions or will mobilize them slowly which can be more beneficial in particular cases. Other methods of treatment are taken on a case by case basis.
In some cases, whiplash resolves itself within days or weeks with the help of ice or heat therapy and some over-the-counter medication. However, for over 75 percent of whiplash sufferers, pain and suffering can last longer than six months and results in an average loss of eight weeks of work. Instead of battling through the pain, waiting for it to solve itself, it’s crucial that you seek help from an auto injury chiropractor sooner rather than later.
In fact, if you’ve had a car accident recently but suffered no symptoms, it may take weeks or months for any signs to appear. Therefore, it’s always a good idea to get in touch with a Dallas chiropractor to check for cervical spine damage or any muscle tightness. Even accidents at slower than 12 miles per hour is enough to cause damage to your neck and surrounding areas.